Our novel study is The Rabbits.
All of our writing this term will be based on this book. We will be using the book as a stimulus for reading and writing by creating:
- Setting descriptions based on the very different landscapes
- Diary entries from characters within the story
- Non chronological reports about animals in their natural habitat
Our project this term is based upon living things and their habitats.
Our key questions is
Why don’t penguin’s feet freeze?
This project will start with our wow day at the Yorkshire Wildlife Park on Friday 8th September!!!!
WE CAN'T WAIT!
The following Year 4 objectives will be covered during this term
- describe the changes as humans develop to old age.
- describe the differences in the life cycles of a mammal, an amphibian, an insect and a bird
- describe the life process of reproduction in some plants and animals.
- the most appropriate enquiry methods to use to generate evidence needed to solve problems and answer scientific questions.
- plan familiar enquiry types in appropriate detail.
- asks questions and offers ideas for scientific enquiry, which have a clear scientific purpos
- data and results of increasing complexity using scientific diagrams, classification keys, tables, bar and line graphs and models.
- findings in written form, displays and uses other forms of presentation. Uses scientific language to communicate increasingly detailed analysis.