Home Page

Who do I speak to?

Who do I speak to? - Who are the best people to talk to if I think my child may have specific/additional learning needs?

The first person to speak to if you have any concerns about your child is the Class Teacher.  The Class Teacher knows your child better than any other adult in school and is always willing to listen to any concerns which you may have.


The Class Teacher will also raise any concerns they have with you about your child’s development.  This might be through our regular parent meeting days or before or after the school day.  We prefer this discussion to be in person however, we are aware that parents are not always able to pick up and drop off at school, so we may send a letter or message home. 


Where appropriate the concern will then be shared with the SEND Coordinator, Mrs Rands.  Further discussions may then take place between all relevant parties to determine the best way forward for your child.


If you are unhappy about the SEND support your child has received you can speak to the SENDCo.


For further support then the Rotherham Parent Partnership can be contacted. They provide parents with confidential, impartial advice and information on special educational needs from staff and trained volunteers.  Their contact telephone number is 01709 823627.