Our novel study is 'Into the Forest'.
All of our writing this term will be based on this book. We will be using the book as a stimulus for reading and writing by creating:
- A setting description of the forest
- A non-chronological report exploring the work of Anthony Browne
- A diary entry with a focus on feeling and emotion
- Our own stories based upon Into the Forest
Our project this term is based upon how light affects our life, and to explore what kinds of mystical creatures we could find living deep in a dark forest.
Our key questions is
Can we survive without light?
The following Year 3 objectives will be covered during this term
- Explore the requirements of plants for life and growth
- Recognise that they need light in order to see things and that dark is the absence of light.
- Notice that light is reflected from surfaces.
- Recognise that light from the sun can be dangerous and that there are ways to protect their eyes.
- Recognise that shadows are formed when the light from a light source is blocked by a solid object.