Today we are going to create a book review for 'Gorilla' by Anthony Browne. Before you start writing, it would be a good idea to rewatch the video.
Your book review can look however you like! Here are some ideas:
To be a fantastic book review, you will need to include lots of things.
Time to get creative!
Over the next few days we are going to be looking at the book 'Gorilla' by Anthony Browne. You might remember some of his illustrations from our theme on World Book Day when we spent the day looking at 'Voices in the Park'.
Today we will be using our Clue Finder skills to work out how people are feeling or what they might be thinking by looking for clues in the picture. This is called making an inference. Remember...to be a good inference, you need to make links to the clues! If you are writing your answer in your yellow home learning book, this will mean using because.
Look at the pictures below and have a go at answering the questions. You might want to discuss them with your family, or have a go at writing them in your yellow home learning book.
- What do you think Hannah's interests are?
- What do you think Hannah might be thinking?
- What kind of person do you think Hannah's dad is? How can you tell?
- How do you think Hannah feels at this point in the story?
- How does this picture make you feel? Why?
- What do you think Hannah is feeling?
- What might she be thinking? What makes you think that?
- What do you think Hannah might want to say to her dad?
- Why do you think Hannah is talking to her Gorilla?
- How does Hannah feel? How can you tell?
Good morning Key Stage 1,
We have set some different books for you on epic books.
Have a read of one today.
This is the link:
your class code is:
your class code is:
Today we have got some reading comprehensions for you to have a go at, if you can not read the text on your own you can ask a grown-up or big brother or sister to read it to you. Then have a go at answering the questions in your yellow book.
There are 3 comprehensions to choose from so you can pick the one you like best or have a go at doing all 3, it is up to you.
A Bit of Fun
Below are some e-books for you to have a look at with some really interesting facts.