We offer a breakfast club service to all children from 7:30am each morning. There is no need to prebook but we recommend that you inform us in good time when younger children may be attending for the first time so we can support them appropriately. We aim to serve a variety of hot and cold options and are always willing to cater for any reasonable requests and dietary requirements. Payment information and costs are available from the school office.
Update September 2020:
(In light of COVID 19, we will continue to offer this service by keeping pupils in seperate year group bubbles but we will not be serving hot options initially)
Our Aims are:
- Encourage social interaction in an informal, nurturing and welcoming environment.
- Have a clear structure with agreed rules.
- Have a focus on skills-based play (e.g. co-operative games) and health promoting activities (e.g. hand washing/physical activity).
- Promote a positive attitude amongst all children and staff.
- Promote inclusion and safety of all children.
- Promote the importance of eating breakfast; some studies have shown it improves children's problem-solving abilities, memory, concentration, visual perception and creative thinking.
- Promote healthy eating where possible (e.g. 50/50 bread, discussions of benefits of some food types compared to others).
- Encourage children to become involved in the running of the club -setting up, clearing up, helping each other with coats and bags etc.
- Hold a half-termly meeting to discuss club progress and identify areas for improvement.