We offer a breakfast club service to all children from 7:30am each morning. We aim to serve a variety of hot and cold options and are always willing to cater for any reasonable requests and dietary requirements. Please pre-book via the Arbor app. Payment information and costs are available from the school office.
Our Aims are:
- Encourage social interaction in an informal, nurturing and welcoming environment.
- Have a clear structure with agreed rules.
- Have a focus on skills-based play (e.g. co-operative games) and health promoting activities (e.g. hand washing/physical activity).
- Promote a positive attitude amongst all children and staff.
- Promote inclusion and safety of all children.
- Promote the importance of eating breakfast; some studies have shown it improves children's problem-solving abilities, memory, concentration, visual perception and creative thinking.
- Promote healthy eating where possible (e.g. 50/50 bread, discussions of benefits of some food types compared to others).
- Encourage children to become involved in the running of the club -setting up, clearing up, helping each other with coats and bags etc.
- Hold a half-termly meeting to discuss club progress and identify areas for improvement.